Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of school!

Today was a great day! Such a great start of my education,

and I doubt it will be the best day of the whole time!

Lots of new students here amongst old friends, making a

great blend of reliable comrades and interesting propects.

Lots of new nationalities being blended in, amongst them

Swiss, Icelandic, English, American and Estonian. Its going

to be one smorgoaes bord of exciting people!

After getting a lecture about the history of animation as

well as computer graphic arts we were put into groups of 4

to make a short film! We have a time limit of two weeks,

and will have to make a story revolving a pre selected sound

clip, as well as include a list of assorted objectives. Me

and my team mates have listened to the clip and sketched and

brainstormed a bit, and by tomorrow we will share our own

pitches to each other in terms of which 30 seconds of the

clip we wish to animate.

This is so interesting for me, because I have usually always

worked alone in animation. I didn't know anyone else with

the skill, or more importantly, the interest to make

animated films. But now I'm grouped together with 3 other

people who are arguably MORE skilled than me, and just as

motivated and interested in making an awesome film!

I believe my little drawing below sums up my thoughts about

the transition from before the Animation Workshop, to after

^^ (not that I was depressed before, just not as excited!)
Wish me luck in the coming years, and keep an eye out in the credits after that in animated films and TV shows. You are bound to see my name there ;)

2 comments:

  1. He~y! I have interests in making animated films. To be honest, I actually started working one this after noon in After Effects. It's a motion graphics animation, but still :D

    I know these guys can help you more in a collaboration than I can, but still. We are totally going to make a film together some time. ^^

    I can't wait to see what film you'll be making! Two weeks was it? Let's see how you cope with 24 fps. I hope it'll at least be 24 fps ^^

    It'd be interesting to read about what kind of programs you're using, and how you're coping with them.

    Can't wait to chat again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha i haven't ever seen you that grumpy. But HEY, you forgot about Greece!

    ReplyDelete